Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A new toy for me

After quite a while researching and drooling over dSLRs, I actually own one! I took some time the other day and wandered the property, trying to take artsy photographs. Some of them, if I do say so myself, came out kind of neat!


"The Glade" at sunset. I call it a glade, but it's really just an overgrown area off to the side of the house. It's kind of cool and spooky when it's getting dark.

 
I love the texture of the bark on this tree.
 
 
Getting artsy with the logs in the wood pile.
 

And with the rusted metal drum.


And lastly, a zoomed in shot of little Bambi. I didn't have the longer lens on, so I got as close as I could. She's a pretty little thing.  Other than on the game camera, we haven't seen the males, but our friends who were there the night before us did. Clashing of antlers and lots of bugling.  Maybe we'll catch their show next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment